Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 7: Something New

Had a hard time with today's assignment.  Because anything new around here is either clothing which you probably don't care about, or something I've already shared like various home improvement/craft projects or the big construction project going on in my backyard.  

So here's what I got today.  A rainbow.  Cause it's all symbolic of a new beginning, right?? 
 
Rainbow. An outward token of God’s covenant with Noah (Gen. 9:13; see also Ezek. 1:28; Rev. 4:3; 10:1). The rainbow no doubt existed before the flood, but with Noah the rainbow took on a new significance as the token of the covenant. JST Gen. 9:17–25 enlarges the terms of the covenant to include not only that the earth will never again be covered with a flood of water, but also that the Zion of Enoch will return and the Lord will come again to dwell on the earth.

See?

But also....this rainbow showed up today shortly after I got done with my 3 mile run.  Originally I didn't think I was going to get a run in this morning seeing as when I woke up early this morning, it was raining.  But the rain tapered off just enough to give me a little pocket of time in between getting the last of the kids out the door to school and Bryan leaving for work.  I've been seriously debating running the Ogden Half Marathon next spring.  It's high on my bucket list but it also scares me.  I have a love/hate relationship with running.  Obviously I enjoy it enough that I keep signing myself up for races.  (This Saturday is a 6k at Thanksgiving Point with my sister and a couple of friends....more on that later this weekend.)  But although I'd love to get a half marathon under my belt, I don't know if I have that kind of endurance in me.  Fear of the unknown, I guess...I've never run more than 5 miles at a time.  I have some friends/neighbors that have committed to run it and are pressuring me to train and run with them.  This was all on my mind as I ran my 3 miles this morning.  And then to come back to a beautiful rainbow?  Is it a sign??    

2 comments:

Croft Family said...

That is an awesome picture! Good job

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture, so pretty!