Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 20: What I Read

I'm in the middle of this book right now.  And I am thoroughly enjoying it.  Being a history major tends to lend itself well to an interest in political science so I get a kick out of stuff like this.  And though I'm not hoping to get into any sort of political debate, (I've learned that people tend to get passionate, heated and defensive when debating politics or BYU vs. Utah) seeing as this is MY blog, I'm going to go out on a limb here and declare that I really like President George W. Bush.  And I think he was a good president.  Did he make some mistakes?  Oh, undoubtedly.  But I think his rock bottom approval ratings were unwarranted.  I think that he made unpopular decisions that he knew wouldn't be good for his political life but were right for the country.  And I think that years from now, hindsight will prove that.  Just my opinion.      


 I find that ticket stubs make great bookmarks.  And this particular ticket stub from the Josh Groban concert I attended this past August makes me smile every time I open my book....
But "Decision Points" isn't the only thing I am reading now.  It is a rare occasion for me to NOT be in the middle of quite a few things at the same time.

In this case...
*Still working on "Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson.  I don't dare read it before bed because, well frankly, I am a first class chicken and I am worried that I will dream about a deranged serial killer all night long if I do.  So I can only read this book during the middle of the day...which means it's slow going.
*I admit it...I'm a royal watcher.  I've been reading books like this one about William and Catherine since I was in high school.
*People magazine is my weekly guilty pleasure.  It's rather ridiculous how much I look forward to it's delivery on Fridays.
*Remember when the Deseret News was delivered in the evenings?  I looked forward to it all day.  But now so much of my news comes online, I don't read the newspaper as much as I used to so Bryan cut down delivery to just the weekends.  Still, I love the idea of reading the paper.  I guess I'm old fashioned that way.
*And of course, The Book of Mormon.  I'm always in the middle of that.  Because once I finish, I immediately start over again.

No comments: