Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 24: A Smile

Lilian runs hot and cold, emotionally.  And she tends to not honor a request unless it is HER idea.  Case in point...a smile.  Her first inclination, when asked to smile today, was a obstinate and purposeful frown.
 


Yet less than 30 seconds later, after being repeatedly poked in the back, I turned to find a big grin on my four-year old's face.  Because now it was HER idea to smile, not mine.  I think the smile is made all that much cuter by the fact that she's covered in donut crumbs.

This, I think, is the perfect example of "smeyes"...which, according to my sister who watches "America's Top Model"...means smiling with your eyes.  Yeah...Lilian's definitely got that going on here.

2 comments:

Heidi Green said...

Oh, I LOVE these pictures. I've loved this entire project of yours and I'm sad that it's ending soon. :(

Melissa@thebblog said...

funny, I was thinking how pretty her eyes were but I didn't put "smeyes" into my thoughts though it certainly fits perfectly!