Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 23: Trees

For those who don't know, we live in Utah.  At the base of the Wasatch Mountain range.  Fall is pretty spectacular around here.  Today I took the kids up the canyons to play in the leaves and revel in the colors....with Krispy Kreme donuts and apple juice because somehow glazed donuts and apple juice just go with fall.  Why is that?

The sun was shining and the sky was blue.  I took 118 pictures because it was so beautiful.  And I'm supposed to narrow that down to just a few for this post....how, exactly??  So forgive me for sharing 7 pictures...you have no idea how hard it was to post ONLY these few.

I liked the (almost) black skeleton or ribbing look of the smaller branches jutting off the larger one that made for such a contrast from the mass of yellow leaves.


I have to give Rebekah photo credit for this one.  She got a good mix of colors from reds to oranges to yellows...all against the bright blue sky.  It's one of my favorites.


The darker evergreen pine trees farther up the mountain side....


 Close up of some branches and yellow leaves at eye level...


Colors and colors....


 ...and more glorious, vibrant, phenomenal colors.  I KNOW, right?!?!


Last but not least...a cute little Charlie Brown tree just getting it's start in the middle of all the fall leaves.

No comments: