Monday, November 7, 2011

NaBloPoMo

Just in case you were wondering....
After I finished that 30 day photo challenge I joked about taking an extended break from my blog.  Joke...cause of course, I'm way too prolific/wordy/chatty to do something like that.  But if you've noticed, I'm actually still posting EVERY DAY!
The reason?
NaBloPoMo.
I signed myself up to post something, ANYTHING every single day for the month of November.  (The point behind NaBloPoMo being to get yourself out of a rut and WRITE/POST.)  And yes, I realize that doing the photo challenge just had me doing that very thing all throughout October.  Glutton for punishment...that would be me.  Either that or I just really like shooting the breeze. 

National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo, is a month long writing exercise intended to occur annually in November. The first NaBloPoMo occurred in November of 2006, and was the brainchild of M. Kennedy, an American blogger. Kennedy was inspired by National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), which also happens every November, and thought that there should be a blogging counterpart. NaBloPoMo took off, thanks to the extensive information distribution network between bloggers, with hundreds of participants entered in the first NaBloPoMo.
 
The rules of NaBloPoMo are simple, although the challenge is set up on an honor system. Participants are required to publish one post on their personal website or blog every day. There is no length requirement, with some posters writing long essays every day and others posting photographs and brief captions. Participants are not permitted to back post or schedule chron jobs to upload posts in the future, but must actively create a post every day for the month of November.

No comments: