Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Black Friday!

Not that I actually participate in this "holiday" in any way, shape, or form.  There isn't much that can induce me to give up on my sleep and join the hordes of holiday shoppers to stand in ridiculously long lines with the hope and prayer that you'll actually get what you set out for to begin with.  Nope...I got a good 8 hours of sleep last night and plan to spend the day writing my Christmas letter and taking down my Thanksgiving decor.
But Rebekah...my 15 year old teenage daughter?  SHE thought Black Friday sounded like a riot.  We dropped her off and her friend, Casey's, house at 11:00 PM (this being her normal curfew, mind you) so she could join in this girly Black Friday ritual Casey and her mother have.  ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  It's 10:00 AM and they are still not back yet.  I have no doubt that Rebekah will sleep ALL. DAY. LONG. when she arrives home.  Insanity.  Sheer insanity.

Here are a few pictures of our Thanksgiving with Bryan's family yesterday.... 



2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

I love that photo of all the boys. Very artful, you'll look back at that photo with pride for years because of it's good subject matter and also it's good photography skill.

DisabilityDiva said...

Looks like you had a great thanksgiving...how funny she wanted to shop for black friday!!