Friday, November 11, 2011

Make a wish!

 
A wish?  As in just one?  On a day like this I think more than one wish is deserved.  I'm thinking more like three is pretty fair, don't you?

I could go all serious and wish for things like world peace, no disease, free healthcare for all, no divorces, affairs, or suicides, and no snakes.  But that's not realistic, unfortunately.  Well, except the no snakes thing....I really do wish for that!

So looks like my wishes are going to be somewhat silly and rather self-indulgent.  But hey, a day like 11/11/11 doesn't come around all that frequently.



1.  I wish for a cleaning lady.  I want to say that my house is genuinely too big for me to handle on my own.  But realistically my 4,700 square feet is doable if I put my mind to it.  {And get my teenagers to actually pick up after themselves.}  Truth be told, I just don't want to do it!  I'd even do all the laundry and cooking...yardwork too, if someone would just come over to scrub my toilets and mop and vacuum my floors once a week!






2.  I wish for a day alone at home free from any responsibilities to have a massive movie marathon.  I am SO behind on all the movies I want to watch.  I think the last movie I watched in the theater was "Winnie the Pooh" last summer with Lilian.  {That's kind of sad...}  So a day to rent all the movies I missed and watch them one by one...as I lounge on the couch in my most comfortable clothes and with my most favorite snacks...sounds pretty ideal. 






3.  I wish for a guilt free shopping spree at IKEA.  Rugs, curtains, picture frames, bookshelves....these are the things that, because they are wants not needs, I have chosen to wait on...or at least not buy all at once.  :)  I wish I could walk into that store all fancy free, pick out whatever I want, and walk out without my mind already trying to process how I'm going to break the news of my purchases to Bryan...

No comments: