Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Because it made me smile...



THIS is why I am not on speaking terms with my scale....



 During this whole are they/aren't they Mormons as Christians debate I've often thought this very thing.  That ultimately the fine print matters very little as to whether a person is Christian or not.  If a person claims Christ as his Savior and the Son of God...and lives his life the way Christ would....well, that is what a true Christian is to me.  



 Umm...this is SO true that I about fell out of my chair laughing the first time I saw it.



 I'm a big fan of the Keep Calm and Carry On posters...current and original WWII.  I love what they stood for then and what they continue to tell me today.  So any variation of that original (of which there are MANY) tends to catch my attention.  And being so close to Thanksgiving....this one tickled my funny bone.



The measure of a woman...
*mind*heart*peace*grace*goodness*spirit*character*soul*compassion*personality*life*
*intelligence*hope*beauty*strength*love*age*gentleness*joy*generosity*faithfulness*humor
I LOVE this ad.  What a great reminder.  And what a great list of attributes. 


I'm not a Nordstrom shopper...they tend to make my wallet say "ouch!"  But seeing this announcement that they place at each store entrance....makes me want to do ALL my Christmas shopping there!  And yes, I realize that this is a few years old (seeing that Black Friday is on the 25th this year) but apparently this is their official policy each and every year.  How cool is that??

 
My very favorite.  Because we are big "Dr. Who" fans at our house. 

2 comments:

Julie DeMille said...

Thanks for the smile. I love that Nordstrom is closed. I'm so disappointed in the stores that are open tomorrow.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Love the Nordstrom sign too!!! Makes me want to shop there more - if only I could afford it.