Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What I've Been Listening To...

I Love, love, love Christmas music. Singing it, listening to it....it's probably my very favorite thing about the season. And the memories certain songs bring back...wow. Here's a few of the CD's I've been listening to this week:

I love the whole concept behind "The Forgotten Carols." How fascinating to think of what it might have been like for the Innkeeper who told the Holy Family there was "no room". Did he have any idea of what was going on out in the stable later that night? Or maybe there was a shepherd who missed the whole angelic announcement and listened in slight disbelief and amazement to the story his fellow shepherds related to him when they got back. I love the line in that song that says, "I knew that as the world moves on through time, there would be more stories just like mine. About the souls who've chosen to believe in something that they never got to see."

Can't beat the Tabernacle Choir for bringing a wonderful Christmas spirit. I have 3 or 4 of their Christmas CD's but this one is my favorite.



I listened to Carpenters Christmas growing up. It was standard Christmas listening at our house. Along with Lex de Azevedo's 1982 Christmas album. (I couldn't find a picture of it...) These two albums just are Christmas to me, you know?

2 comments:

Mary said...

I've also been listening to Lex's Christmas CD. Love it! I can't imagine Christmas without it. Alas I can't find my Carpenter's Christmas anywhere. I've looked all over the house. My next guess is in the car, but when it's here I always forget to look.

I think that it's funny that we all listen to the same thing. I wonder if my kids will grow up wanting to listen to this music because I did? I'm not sure. Boys are different that way!

Croft Family said...

I love the Forgotten Carols. It was a tradition growing up to go to his concert every year. It died when we all got married cause all the in-laws did not want to do it. I have probably seen it like 10 times and never got tired of it.