Friday, December 12, 2008

Favorite Photo Friday: Stingrays


January 2006 my little family and my parents took a Caribbean cruise. In Grand Cayman we went out to Stingray City. The water was warm and gorgeous blue. The stingrays were plentiful and huge. The kids were a little nervous. Well, at first, so was I. But, funny enough, the stingrays reminded me of cats. They were really soft and as they swam past they liked to brush up against you. It was seriously awesome. And on a cold day like today with a big snow storm blowing in tonight, doesn't the thought of hanging out in Caribbean sound nice?

6 comments:

Mindy said...

It does sound nice to be somewhere warm, I would love it. Have fun at your concert tonight, We have a Christmas party downtown and Im hoping to find a parking spot.

Camilla Millar said...

That is a great picture. Love the man holding the stingray above your heads!

Croft Family said...

Warm sun, Warm sand from the beach, warm water. I can only wish it was warm!

Jan T. said...

What a cool picture. I got stung by a stingray once. Ouch!! Would love to be somewhere warm right now!

Mary said...

I was jealous when you went. I've never been on a cruise. And somewhere nice and warm is even better too. It's fun to see that Mom and Dad were brave enough to venture out there as well.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

you know what that stingray spit on my head gross

ps this is rebekah