Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Things

Things that made me happy today:
* Wearing my new black stiletto boots...or maybe they call them booties or something? Little ankle boots. I bought them a month ago but hadn't worn them yet. They are seriously cute.
* The Salvation Army bell ringer at Albertsons. I think that ringing bell sound is very Christmasy. And I'm glad that Albertsons still lets them ring those bells. Target gave in to pressure from what is probably a small minority of people who thought the sound of those bells was loud and irritating. C'mon, really? I think it's a happy, cheerful sound. Plus, most importantly, it's for charity! I put money in as often as I can.
* Singing "Gualtier Malde...Caro nome" from the opera "Rigoletto" at voice lessons today. It's dang hard which makes it seriously challenging which means that it's tons of fun when it all starts coming together like it did today.
* Sending my Christmas cards. Standing in the huge-out-the-door-long line at the post office to buy stamps wasn't so much fun. But being able to drop all 50 of those cards in the big, blue mailbox...knowing that they wouldn't be sitting on my kitchen table anymore? That made me happy.
* Reading books to Lilian. I pulled out a pile of about 8 books to read and when she saw them...ah, the look on her face and her gasp of joy. Literally, she was so excited she could hardly contain it. We spent a good half hour reading together.

5 comments:

Croft Family said...

What a great post. Sometimes it's hard to look at everyday life and think yes that makes me happy.

Mary said...

What a nice list of happy things. Maybe I'll try that too...because if you look around my house at the moment, it's not a happy thing!

Cache Man said...

No wonder you are content. I need to list out the positive things of the day as well and maybe I would be more content.

Camilla Millar said...

You must have a super post office, cause I got my card TODAY. Very cute!

I would have to say that getting Christmas cards in the mail is one of my happy things.

Mindy said...

I got my card yesterday too. I have mine ready, just forgot to send them. Yep that's my brain hard at work. You better call me today, everytime I call you the line is busy.