Monday, December 15, 2008

Nap Time

Lilian fell asleep in the car on the way home from Costco. It was almost 1:00 so I was okay with that. I very carefully pulled her out of her car seat and got her all the way into her crib without her waking up. But when I tried to take her coat off she woke up. I tried to skip out of her room in a hurry, hoping that she would go back to sleep but she sat right up and smiled at me. I layed her back down and shut the door. Now she's hollering up a storm in there. Do I go get her and try for a longer nap later? Or let her cry it out for a little while longer? I confess, I was quite excited about the prospect of some free time when I noticed she had fallen asleep. And though my free time should include moping the floor and wrapping presents, I was totally planning on watching "Survivor."

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh go watch Survivor, it was so good. She will entertain herself for a bit.

Croft Family said...

I say...let her cry for a while it's good for their lungs. But a good mom would go get them so maybe that says something about me. I don't know

Mary said...

Maybe if she hadn't woken up all cute like and smiled at you it would have been easier to just let her cry. I'm not sure. If it were my kids, I'd probably let them cry for 10 minutes or so and then if they haven't fallen back to sleep, then I'd go get them.

Anonymous said...

Why did you try to take the coat off?! There are nights when we've come home late, and if Hannah isn't in something restrictive or scratchy...she sleeps in what she wore that day. Her hoody has snoozed with her in that crib many a time. I found that MOVING her is one thing...she goes back to sleep once she can stretch out after being confined in her car seat...that's a good change...but changing her temperature is harder to fix, it's a bigger shock to the system, and it will wake you right up. Think about getting tired on the road while driving...don't they always say to open the window and get some cool fresh air to perk you up? Same thing. I say, leave her in the coat next time.