Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Sunday

I wish Christmas was always on Sunday. Like Easter. Maybe we could have it be the 4th Sunday of December each year. Any takers? I'm sure there are some people out there thinking it's a good idea but most saying, "No way! Nice thought but..." Personally, I love the idea of going to church on Christmas. This past Sunday I felt the Spirit more strongly than any other time this whole Christmas season. I sang with the ward choir and we were in charge of the whole, entire Sacrament Mtg. program. I sang in 7 other concerts over this past month and while they were all wonderful and had their own special moments, I had a better experience with my ward choir and found myself with tears rolling down my face during "Oh Holy Night." This music on Sunday, I was more worried about it than any other music I sang this month. I had less practice, felt less prepared. And so I had to focus HARD to make sure I was on the right note, in the right place. And I wonder if that was part of it? With the other concerts I sang, I knew the music so well I found myself going on auto-pilot at times. I wonder if, because I had to concentrate so hard, I was more immersed in what I was singing, the message of the song.
And then Bryan and I taught our primary class. We had ten 8-year olds. Sweet, sweet kids. We dressed them up in a Nativity scene. They loved it. We loved seeing how much they loved it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great! You need to get a picture to each of the kids and their parents. I'm sure you've already got that in the works.

Mindy said...

That is such a cute idea for Primary. Our Sacrament was all music as well. I couldn't hold back my tears either, it was very spirtual.

Katie said...

What a cute picture! I still would like to try that someday.

Camilla Millar said...

Oh, what good teachers you are!! I haven't been able to sing in my ward choir for the last year (husband absent, no babysitters at choir) and I've really missed it!