Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Book vs. Movie


Rebekah and I have been spending much of our afternoon checking out movie trailers and behind-the-scenes goodies from "Twilight". (She's home sick today.) Still not completely sure how I feel about this movie. I am excited to see it. And that's a change. Originally I wasn't sure I'd want to see the movie at all. Because, yes, even though I'm not some high school teeny-bopper, I did LOVE these books. I've read them many times, myself and to my girls. So my ideas of how places and characters should look are pretty entrenched in my brain. I guess I'm afraid that the movie will not live up to what I see in my head every time I open the books. And that's probably true. But I am curious about the movie so I've tried to separate the two. And it helps that the books are finished...no more out there on the horizon. I've read them all and can now focus on the movie and not worry quite so much about my vision of Edward getting all messed up and confused in my brain. Because although I think the actor who plays Edward in the movie is seriously hot, and even though supposedly he matches Stephenie Meyer's description of him...it's not how he looks in MY head. And I am in love with that Edward in my head. So I'm anxiously awaiting the movie. We'll see how it all turns out.
(Oh, and now Bryan is going to read all of this and think I am so, so silly.)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Husbands just wouldn't understand. I love these books, too! Mike thinks we are all crazy!

Croft Family said...

I have not read the book and I guess that is why I have no desire to see the movie.

Melissa@thebblog said...

ah, aren't we all so silly? Scott to this day teases me when I swoon at a picture of Dean Cain as Clark Kent