Friday, October 10, 2008

Favorite Photo Friday: Homemade costumes


Halloween 2001. Back in the day that I came up with my own costumes rather than heading over to Target to slap down a wad of cash for them. We were going through my Mom's costume box looking for a specific green skirt that Rebekah could wear to be a gypsy. It was the same green skirt I wore when I was a young trick-or-treating gypsy. As we were going through the boxes 3 and 1/2 year old Julianne was trying on all sorts of odds and ends...just playing. I had no idea, yet, what she was going to be for Halloween. I was completely wrapped up in Rebekah and her costume when suddenly I heard Julianne's little high-pitched voice behind me say, "Look Mom! I'm a fancy little lady!" And voila! A Halloween costume was born.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

So cute. Do your kids know what they are going to be this year? We have one child ready and 3 no clue about. (i'm giving Deidra this 1 last year).

Croft Family said...

Your kids are always so cute at Halloween. My kids know what they want to be I just can't get myself to buy the costumes at $20-$25 a piece.

Mary said...

I've decided that I dislike Halloween. The boys always have some particular costume in mind and I can never find it...or if I do, it costs a small fortune. I guess I should seriously start looking. Yuck!

The Snow's said...

We are done looking and have already paid the small ransome it costs nowadays. Dalton is going to be batman, Holly - Tinkerbell and Allison - Ariel. Ally's costume is really way too big but we are going to make it work.

MELISSA said...

so very Julianne! They are such cute girls. You have some top 10 halloween pictures