Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Beautiful Girl


We went to a Halloween carnival last night. I found Rebekah bouncing around with her friends...silly, energetic, giddy. I snagged her mid-giggle to get a close-up of her face and was stunned to get this picture. Beautiful!! Look at her eyes....I think I caught an unguarded expression in that quick moment. She was more tired than she was letting anyone know. And full, pink lips...that were actually made that way because they were sore and chapped. And hair...blue hair, no less...that is framing her face and cascading over her shoulders. Rebekah thinks it's a strange picture. She thinks I'm strange for liking it so much. "I'm not even smiling, Mom!" She obviously doesn't see what I see. What I see is an amazingly beautiful girl.

9 comments:

DD said...

Yes, beautiful. Kind of a haunting beauty. When you blow it up big you can tell her lips are quite chapped but her eyes are even bigger and her skin is so flawless. Lovely girl. Of course you fell in love with the picture. Me too.
Mommy

Liz said...

I agree, this is a beautiful picture. Rebecca is such a beautiful girl. I love her gorgeous big eyes.

Amd the blue hair for Halloween is just plain fun!

Croft Family said...

She is a very beautiful young lady who one day is going to break a lot of boys hearts!!!

Mary said...

Very pretty. Yes, she does look a little tired, but still very beautiful. Ryan was thrilled with her choice of costume!

Mindy said...

She does look tired, but it's a pretty tired. She's just cute all the time

Jill said...

I see what you were talking about! She is a beautiful girl! And the boys know it!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think ALL of your children are unnaturally beautiful. Really...it's almost disturbing how attractive your whole family is.

Katie said...

We've always thought that Rebekah was beautiful. I am amazed at how old she is looking lately. I think it was her campaigning pictures that got me.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Ah, classic beautiful. Don't you ever watch america's next top model? they never smile! :)