Monday, October 13, 2008

First Snowstorm of the Season



I know you all think I'm weird but I LOVE snow and winter. According to my Dad I'm the only one in my family who "rhapsodizes about the virtues of winter." :) But I was silly pleased to see the snow when we woke up yesterday morning. There's just something about the first snowstorm of the season that I look forward to every fall. I did spend the weekend shivering endlessly, though. Going from 76 degrees to 43 in just a matter of days does not make for an easy transition and my poor shivering body had a hard time. Strangely enough, although normally I would like for the temperatures to stay down now that we're into October, I'm actually pleased that we're going back up to the 70's again later this week. I have 4 bushes left to plant and I desperately need to get my lawn mowed! I have weeds still to pull and mulch still to spread. But after that? Bring on the cold and snow! I'm ready!!
(And now I just know I'm going to get some comments along the lines of, "You call that snow? That's a piddly amount compared to how much WE got!" And then I will, invariably, be jealous. Sigh.)

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Yea im so not ready for the snow. I have yard work to do this week as well. I'm also hoping it won't be snowing on Halloween, that just isnt fun. But my kids did have fun making a snowman yesterday.

Katie said...

We didn't get much snow. Jeremy said he missed living in NSL because we had more bragging rights when it came to snow. It looks like they got 6-8" while we just got enough to cover our grass. It melted too quick for our kids to even get out and play in it.

Jan T. said...

I call that snow! It's not piddly to me! I'm not ready for it though! Not yet!:)

Mary said...

As much as I hate the snow, it sure makes for a pretty picture...but only if you catch it before the kids have trampled all over it!

Melissa@thebblog said...

You call that snow . . . just kidding, it's a bit more that landed on my yard on Sunday morning. Your landscaping looks great with the snowfall. I don't think I've seen it since you planted. Must be time for a visit.

Mindy said...

come see my blog, I left something for you

Shauna said...

I am with you. I love the snow, especially the first time of the year.