Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Lacrimation Prohibition" Meet

Woke up way stinking early this morning so we could make it to Brandon's first official gymnastics meet. It was over an hour drive to get there. And once we made it to the general vicinity of the gym, we took another half hour trying to find the actual building. As much as I love the reality show "Amazing Race," I would never make a good competitor...I get stressed out way too easily when it comes to following directions under pressure. And just a note to google maps: you were SO off today! But we made it. Grumpily but finally.

The girls got asked to be runners for the judges. They were quite happy about that. Especially when they found out the job included free snacks.
Brandon was amazing! And even more than that, he had TONS of fun. That kid has some serious potential. He took 5th place in his age group overall. Not bad for his first real meet.
I know that I posted a bunch of Brandon-the-Gymnast pictures last month. Humor me while I post a few more. Here are a some of my favorites: Brandon looked over his scores and fingered through all his ribbons all the way home, making comments like, "Look at this! I earned these!" It made my heart, as well as my face, smile. And lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, I think, was the perfect icing on the cake.

P.S. Wondering what "Lacrimation" means? I didn't know so I looked it up. A hint....the motto of the meet was "No tears allowed."

8 comments:

Croft Family said...

Oh I'm so happy for Brandon. Looks like he really enjoys what he is doing.

Katie said...

I love the pictures of Brandon. I can't believe that he is really doing those things. Wow! Congratulate him for me!

Mindy said...

That is awesome Brandon, Congratulations!

Jill said...

That's awesome, Sarah!

MamaBug said...

Too cool! Good for Brandon. I'd really like to get my Bob into gymnastics and/or track. I think he'd be great at both.

Mary said...

5th place. Way to go Brandon! He looks like he's doing great. I'd love to watch him in person sometime. Pretty talented boy!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Hm, I didn't realize until I got to the end of your post that I did know what Lacrimation meant. I was singing a song from Mozart's requiem in my head the whole time I read your post - it's in latin - and I must have know the meaning from that song!

But enough about me - Brandon!!! You rock!!! I love the picture of you on the pommel horse. Look at your flexibility and how straight your legs are! I so couldn't do that. You have some serious skills! Great job.

Camilla Millar said...

GREAT pictures. I like the pommel picture too, but I also like the picture where he is getting ready to run and do vault.

Confession: I am such a nerd that I read the sign and rolled my eyes as I thought, "why didn't they just write 'No Tears Allowed?'"

And lunch at Cheesecake factory.. . . .now that would definitely by icing on the cake!

Are you guys going to Vegas first week in February?