Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thinking About Thanks


It's 8:23 AM Thanksgiving morning. I'm the only one up. I'm finding myself thinking about the upcoming days activities and also, about the reason for the day...the things I am especially thankful for. I think all of us are gratitude filled people. I think we all, if asked what we are thankful for, would immediately rattle off things such as family, home, food, clothes, church, etc. Those are big things. And definitely, we are and should be thankful for those things. But I think it's fun to think about the little things. So, right now, think of 5 things you are thankful for. Don't think too hard about it. Don't overanalyze it. Just 5 things that right this very second you are thankful for. Here's my list:
1. I'm thankful my husband likes to cook and is taking over the task of cooking the turkey today.
2. I'm thankful that Rebekah and Julianne cleaned all 4 bathrooms yesterday so I didn't have to. I hate cleaning bathrooms.
3. I'm thankful for the book on my nightstand that I am enjoying so much.
4. I'm thankful for music and the part it plays in my life every single day.
5. I'm thankful for the relationships I have with people...family, friends. It's something that has been on my mind a lot the past few days. Honestly, what a treasure that is. To really get to know someone and have them really know you in return. And how neat to have different kinds of relationships with all sorts of various people.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your list, I was actually thinking of doing something like this today as well, I just havent had time to fit everything in, until now. Thanks for your friendship I cherish it everyday. Love you.

Croft Family said...

What a sweet list. It nice to sit down and think of the little things that mean something to you. I love you and am thankful for your friendship.