Friday, November 21, 2008

Stuff

I should be posting a Favorite Photo today but out main computer has crashed and I'm unable to get to our pictures. I'm disappointed....I always enjoyed finding a fun, memory filled picture for Fridays. Hopefully we'll be back up and running by next week. In the mean time, at least I have my laptop.
Other happenings in our home this week:
*The girls had a Christmas piano recital on Monday. It was the first recital they've ever played in. They were a little nervous but they did great.
*I have a voice recital tonight and I'm a little nervous, just like the girls. Except that I've had 2 recitals and 2 voice competitions before plus monthly master classes that I've sung in so why I'm nervous I have no idea. Maybe I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be.
*Because of that voice recital we don't get to go see "Twilight" tonight with all the other hordes of vampire fans. Bummer. Next week, I guess.
*I had an ultra sound on Monday. And NO, I am NOT pregnant. :) I've had this ache in my side off and on for 4 years now and thought maybe it was time to go figure out what it is. I've always thought maybe it was kidney related but the doc. has no idea. I'm a medical mystery, apparently. So he's ordered lots of tests...blood work and an ultra sound were this week. A colonoscopy and a CT scan were also mentioned. Not sure I really want to do either one of those!
*Brandon is sick. Sore throat, cough, fever. Please, oh please, don't let it be strep!!
*I've been Christmas shopping like crazy. Getting close to being done, Hallelujah! My goal is to be totally done by Thanksgiving.
*Visiting Teaching like crazy this week too. Everyone is trying to get it done before Thanksgiving week.
*I've been driving Bryan's little red stick shift sports car around town lately and my confidence is growing. I even reluctantly told him that I would attempt to drive it to my choir rehearsal in Draper last night. If he could be home by 6:00 I would take it. But then he got stuck in a huge traffic jam on the way home and didn't make it in time. Off the hook! :)
*Big BYU/Utah game tomorrow. Who are you rooting for? I'm a UofU alumni. You'd think that it would be a no-brainer to guess who I root for. But you'd be wrong. School spirit? Well, yeah, I have some. Just not when they are playing BYU.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I always look forward to your Favorite Photo Friday! But I'm happy that you've posted anyway. I love to hear about your everyday stuff because I miss that since we've moved away....Oh, and GO COUGARS!

Mindy said...

Sorry your computer is broke. That isnt fun at all. Good luck to Brandon getting better, Ive been fighting this stupid cold for 2 weeks now. Good job on the car thing, I like driving stick shifts, I think they are fun. Oh and one more thing.
.........GO UTES.............

Melissa@thebblog said...

Go Cougars!!!