Saturday, November 15, 2008

Plink, Plink

Went shooting this morning. Bryan's sister Carolyn and her husband Treg are looking into buying a gun. This morning was somewhat of a tutorial on what and how to shoot. Bryan has a decent supply of guns and ammo and was able to let them try all sorts of different types so they could get an idea of what they liked best, what would work for them.

Here's me shooting. Bryan thinks this picture is cool because if you look close you can see the shell of the round I just shot flying above my head.


The range we originally stopped at was pretty packed. A big scout troup was there and so, besides the fact that it ws just too crowded, non of us relished the thought of shooting along side a bunch of 12 year old boys. We continued up the mountain and found our own spot to shoot. We set up some boxes with targets. Also a bunch of old bowling pins...some just placed on the ground and some hanging from trees. It worked really well.


All that talk about being nervous to shoot next to a bunch of 12 year old scouts...we had our own 12 year old with us! Jordan was a great shot though. I was really impressed. Doesn't he make the perfect picture of a proficient shooter?

4 comments:

Jan T. said...

You? Shooting? I never woulda guessed!:)

Croft Family said...

Looks like you had a good time. It looks wierd to see Carolyn holding and shooting a gun

Mindy said...

I never would have guess either. But looks like you had a fun day.

Melissa@thebblog said...

What a coincidence. We went shooting on Sunday afternoon in Payson with Scott's family. I shot a few handguns, an old 6 shooter pistol, a 30/30 (?I think) and maybe an AK something . . . it was fun. I'm getting better