Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Pics

Here are some pictures of Thanksgiving at our house yesterday afternoon. Bryan decided he wanted to try frying our turkey. Originally it worried me to no end...all those stories of people burning their houses down...apparently Thanksgiving is a rather busy day for the fire department. But I shouldn't have worried. Alton Brown from "Good Eats" would've been proud. Bryan did it perfectly and it was the best turkey I think I've ever eaten. And wow! It cooks so fast! Katie and Jeremy walked in around 12:45 and Jeremy spied the completely raw turkey sitting on the counter. "What time are we eating?" he asked hesitantly. :) I think it took about an hour all told.
Anyhow, we had a great time. We missed you Mom and Dad, Rachel and Spencer, and Mary and Ryan!





4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love how Brian isn't affraid to try something new when it comes to cooking, the turkey looks yummy. That is my favorite.

Mary said...

We certainly missed you guys too. I loved the pictures. I think that Ryan would like to try to smoke a turkey one year but I don't know if I'll let him. Glad that your turkey turned out great! Oh, and pretty table. So festive!

Croft Family said...

Kevin has wanted to fry a turkey since his mission but the only time he had a chance I really wanted to make it. Looks like you had a fun time with your family.

Camilla Millar said...

I am very impressed with the table-- great job, Sarah.