Sunday, May 29, 2011

That one "Joseph...." show

Photos from the girls' show. Remember? That one I mentioned a few weeks ago with the tongue twister of a title? "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".... yeah, THAT one. As a reminder...Rebekah was the wife/girlfriend of Benjamin, one of Jacob's twelve sons. Julianne was the awesome dancer in the ensemble...with multiple costume changes.

"Go, Go, Go Joseph" done in go-go style.
Yeah, yeah...I know the picture is slightly fuzzy. But I liked it so I used it anyway.

I was going to say that Rebekah is the one in the brown and black dress with her hair slicked back and her arm up in the air. Until I realized that all the girls look like that. Ummm...she's the short one in the back. Does that help?

Julianne in zebra stripes. The Sunday before the performances I wore a zebra stripe dress to church. Julianne couldn't keep the smirk off her face when she told me that she had a costume that was practically identical to my dress. Except that hers was mostly just a sack with holes for arms and head with a belt holding the whole thing on. Hmm.... I think my dress was probably a bit more complex...but yeah, definitely similar.


"Poor, Poor Joseph" before Joseph gets tossed into prison.
Julianne...front row, right


"Jacob and Sons"....the very big and impressive opening number. Not that you can really tell seeing as none of the pictures show anyone actually singing. You'll have to take my word for it. And because of "technical difficulties" we got to see that number twice. I was rather pleased, actually. Cause it was really cool.Rebekah can't remember exactly which number this picture was from. "I twirled a lot, Mom!" she replied when I pressed her. I'm assuming it was also from "Jacob and Sons" because I'm pretty sure, seeing as I saw the number twice, that I remember A LOT of twirling. And while were on the subject, doesn't her dress twirl beautifully??


"The Brothers Come to Egypt/Grovel, Grovel"

"Pharaoh's Dreams Explained/Stone the Crows"
Julianne is the front row farthest to the right.

I'm assuming you can pick her out in this picture. (Hint: front, middle, short, beautiful...)

2 comments:

MG said...

What a great show and I am sure your girls take after you...sing beautifully. I love this play and the music.

Mindy said...

Great pictures. I bet that kept them very busy for a long time.