Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Be-lated Fifteenth Rebekah!

My Rebekah girl, my oldest, turned fifteen on the 9th of May. Wow. Fifteen. Seems like an average teen age, you know? Thirteen and fourteen....still a newbie teen. But fifteen...well, that's full on teenagerhood. We're talking high school this year. And a driving learner's permit. We're talking discussions about jobs and more and more of these teenaged boys hanging out in our basement...sometimes they DRIVE THEMSELVES OVER, which means they are at least sixteen. I about had a panic attack when I thought about the fact that I met Bryan, my future husband, at a church regional dance when I was sixteen. Rebekah goes to regional dances every month.....
(breathe, breathe, breathe)
Realistically, Rebekah will probably not meet her future husband the same way I met mine, but just the thought that she is about the same age I was....
(breathe, breathe, breathe)
Luckily for me (and I hope Rebekah would concur), we have a great relationship. Yes, I gave her some serious crap the other day for not telling me about some big assignment until the night before. And yes, we sometimes argue about curfew and messy rooms, etc. But we get along well. I like to hang out with her not only as mother/daughter but as friends. She is one seriously talented, smart, kind, friendly, helpful, obedient, easy-going, beautiful, spiritual, amazing girl. Watching her grow up has been a joy....a joy that I'm sure will only deepen as the years continue to roll. Oh, how I love my Rebekah girl!
Poor Rebekah got a little bit gypped in the birthday celebration department this year. Her actual birthday was the day Bryan and I left for NYC. So we had a little family party Sunday night (Mothers Day) with a nice dinner, presents and birthday pie. She is still planning to have a girls night with her besties sometime soon...but it's May, and May is crazy insane for all involved. So it's looking like this GNO will most likely still be another week or so down the calendar.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mary said...

I still an in awe every time I see pictures of this beautiful girl. I hope that she had a great birthday and will still be able to celebrate in the weeks to come. Love her dearly!

Melissa@thebblog said...

beautiful girl Rebekah! She is every bit as stunning as the girls I watch on America's Next Top Model - more than some even. I can't believe that in a year she'll be driving and dating!!!! I remember when she was born like it was yesterday.

Happy Birthday sweet Niece!

Jill said...

I love Rebekah! I can't believe she and her friends are at drivers permit age! Where did those Beehives go?

Mindy said...

They are growing up way to fast for my liking! Love her, glad she did have a good day.

Shauna said...

So the up side to all this growing up is you have good relationship with her which means that she will bring her friends (and all the boys) home to you. As an adult, my mother has told me that she worried less because I spent a lot of time at home (even if it was with loads of other people) and she had met all my friends (even the boys) and knew who I was with. I hope my kids will bring their friends home when they get a bit older. :-)

mistress of chaos said...

And you both married those boys from high school. Sometimes I wonder if my parents wish we had hosted more parties at my place:) I so wish I could see you guys again!!!! I married outside of our group and now I spend my life living way far away! Oh well. At least he's a hottie....

Heidi Green said...

Ok, seriously - how am I so far behind on your posts?! I've loved reading through all of them; it's such a fun way to keep up with you. I can't wait to see you tomorrow when we can chat a bit more about it. :)
and btw - Rebekah is beyond gorgeous (of course all your kids are).