Friday, May 6, 2011

"Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"

Anybody else think the title of this musical is ridiculously long and hard to spit out?

Rebekah and Julianne, after months and months of rehearsals with their community acting group, danced and sang their way through "Joseph...." (see above for proper title) in four performances this past week. I was rather pleased with my seats... a few rows back from the stage in the center section of the high school auditorium where said performance was taking place. I whipped out my camera, prepared with the long range lens in place, ready to take all sorts of fabulous pics of my talented girls....

....until I heard the opening announcement informing us that cameras and picture taking of any kind was prohibited. What?? This isn't a professional theatre. It's a children's community acting class...and they weren't going to let us take pictures of our kids? I was peeved. I calmed myself to think that maybe at the end I could get some good pictures of the girls before they changed out of the costumes, at least.

The play was great and I was really impressed. Rebekah played the wife/girlfriend of the youngest son Benjamin. Julianne was tapped to be in the ensemble because of her awesome dancing skills. Both were marvellous and I was a ridiculously proud stage mama.

I rushed back to get some pictures after the show was done, only to have both girls decide to change out of their costumes BEFORE coming out to greet Bryan and myself, and also my parents. (Grumble, grumble....)

So you can bet I was pleased when a week later the girls brought home an order form of sorts for a CD of pictures. Which means this is not the last post you will see about this play. (Once again...refer above for correct title...) But here is one sneak peak at Julianne's Egyptian costume and a sweet picture of the girls after the show with their grandpa.

1 comment:

Camilla Millar said...

So fun!! That is one of my favorite plays, despite the long-winded title. Looking forward to more pics!