Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First World Problems

Yesterday evening I was snack-y.  I stood restlessly in front of the pantry for quite some time (there wasn't much to choose from since I hadn't been to the store in also quite some time...) and finally settled on pistachios.  But as I pulled out a handful I made a comment to Bryan...something along the lines of, "I really enjoy pistachios but sometimes I purposely choose not to eat them because it's such a pain to shell them."  Bryan laughed out loud and said, "That sounds like a First World Problem."  And then he pulled up a website of internet memes....

Just for uninitiated such as myself:  The term Internet Meme is used to describe a concept that spreads via the internet.
And according to the Urban Dictionary, First World Problems are defined as:  Problems from living in a wealthy, industrialized nation that third worlders would probably roll their eyes at.

And yes, my comment would've fit right in.
Here are a few of my favorites:
(Not only did they make me laugh...but I related a bit too familiarly with them.)
If you are laughing really hard and want to see more....click here.

No comments: