Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring inside and out...

Spring outside.... trees in bloom, herbs and raspberries coming back after the long winter, daffodils and hyacinths showing their faces, while the tulips are on their way. (Our house faces north which means my bulbs get a late start.) And some pansies waiting to be planted in a porch pot.

Spring inside..... Easter eggs on trees and in table displays, bunnies on bookshelves, forsythia branches in the living room. Fresh tulips on my beside table and some lilies on the kitchen counter and on the fireplace hearth. Ah, how I love fresh flowers!

Lilian and I got all crafty yesterday. Paper mache eggs painted white with black letter stickers on them. We screwed in some eye hooks and attached some twine so that we could hang them somewhere if we wanted. But for now, I kind of like how they look just sitting in an egg carton on my apothecary chest in the living room.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Those eggs are darling, good job!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Ah, I love those little eggs you and Lilian made!!!! So simple - where did you buy them, I'd love to do that too.