Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I love fall...

Still stretching, yawning and wrapping her brain around the morning, Lilian detailed her plans for the day. Pre-school, she said, and then the park. And when I agreed and suggested a picnic, she could hardly contain her excitement.
Fast forward a few hours... Lunch consisting of chicken divine, grapes and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies packed, we headed over the the playground in the neighborhood. It wasn't long before I realized what a glorious idea this truly was. It was an amazingly beautiful day. Temps were hovering around 61. The perfectly clear, bright blue sky was a gorgeous backdrop for the oranges, reds and yellows of the trees. Other trees had lost their leaves which made for that crisp crunching noise that I love as we walked through them.
We ate lunch on a little hill near the playground. And then Lilian happily explored, calling out discoveries to me as I read my magazine. After awhile I put the magazine aside and layed on my back, soaking in the sun and reveling in the vividness of all the colors. I am so thankful that we live in a state that has distinct seasons. I was perfectly content, my soul was full, my cup runneth over, my heart smiled....pick a favorite phrase, I was it.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

yesterday was a perfect day for a picnic, how fun!