Sunday, May 9, 2010

Favorite Photo Friday: Rebekah's birth

May 9, 1996.
This is my favorite picture of all time. Which maybe seems a little strange seeing as not a single one of us is actually looking at the camera. Plus, it's kind of on the verge of being slightly graphic. But I purposely did not crop out the blood, my leg, and the doctor's hand. Because that shows just how new that little baby really is. My favorite part of the whole picture? I LOVE that Bryan has one hand on his new, first born, minutes old baby, and one hand on me, his wife...the two most important people in his life. I don't know what was going on in his head at that exact moment. Heavens, I don't even remember what was going on in mine! But I do know that it was an emotional moment. Getting Rebekah here took a lot of years, a lot of praying and fasting, and even infertility testing. So when that little bundle of joy finally arrived, it truly was a miracle in our lives. Now here we are 14 years later and she is still a bundle of joy...albeit a much larger bundle!

No comments: