Friday, May 14, 2010

Crazy Saturday: Fight Night Party

And then, as if chocolate covered strawberry making and 60 mile bike riding weren't already enough, we hosted a Fight Night party Saturday night. And when I say "we," I really mean Bryan. Because 1) These were his friends, 2) He is the one interested in Ultimate Fighting...if it were me, it would be a "Twilight" Party or something, and 3) I was totally exhausted and went to bed pretty much right as it started. Regardless, all the men made a point to thank me for allowing them to come party at our house. I guess they thought Bryan must have obtained a kitchen pass for this evening to happen. (Okay, I only just heard the term "kitchen pass" for the first time a few weeks ago. Just in case you are like me and haven't heard it before, the Urban Dictionary defines it as: "Getting permission from your wife/girlfriend to go out." Funny.) I think about 13 guys showed up. All brought some kind of potluck food item to share and a few dollars to help pay for the fight on pay-per-view. And so as I drifted off to sleep I heard many deep voiced choruses of "YEAHHH!!!" and "Noooo!!" Made me smile.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Looks like a fun guy night. I think we should have a twilight party sometime.