Monday, February 1, 2010

Oh, my aching legs!

My friend, Mylissa, and I registered for the Little Red Riding Hood bike ride today. It's not till June but we are super excited about it and determined to be ready to ride the full 100 miles. And so today, in anticipation of that ride and in celebration of the temperature reaching a balmy 45 degrees, we decided to pull our bikes down off their hooks in our respective garages where they had been spending a quiet winter and go for a ride. And it was wonderful! Such a beautiful day for a quick 16-17 mile ride. But oh! I haven't been on my bike since October and my legs ACHE!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Um, a quick 16-17 miles? The whole biking portion of my sprint in June is only 18 miles. How long do you think that would take you to ride? (I'm trying to guage what I've got to get up to...I'm pretty pathetic on the bike)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Way to go!