Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day in pictures




Being that Valentines Day was on a Sunday this year we decided to dress up festively in reds and pinks for our church meetings today. Afterwards we had our traditional fancy Valentines family dinner which consisted of porkchops, potatoes, asparagus and squash. We set the table with our "special" red dishes that we use specifically for Christmas and Valentines. And we even had a single rose at each place setting. It was really nice. Bryan got me a "flirty apron" for Valentines Day. When I told him that I didn't have a gift for him he disagreed. Because apparently, in his opinion there is nothing quite so sexy as me in an apron...which means that it truly was a gift for him as well.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

MG said...

I love the picture with the piano in the background. What a fun holiday.

Rachel said...

These are really great photos. I love them! You'll have to frame them or something. Yeah, it snowed here on Friday, so Saturday they canceled church -- right before the sun came out and melted everything. Gotta love Georgia, right? Oh well. We had a glorious non-church attending Valentines day at home. :)

Mindy said...

Very cute pictures! I need to get me some Valentine/Christmas dishes, that's so fun.

Greg & Dlora said...

Excellent pictures! Who needs a professional photographer? I guess it helps to have very photogenic subjects. I loved looking at you all.
Mommy

Katie said...

I really need to make some fun family traditions. At bedtime, my kids said they couldn't go to bed yet, because we hadn't done "Valentine's Day". Unfortunately we really don't do Valentine's Day. I have left that to be a school holiday, but I love your idea of a nice family dinner.

Croft Family said...

Sounds like a nice evening. Love the pictures

Melissa@thebblog said...

Great photos. You all look wonderful in your festive outfits.

MamaBug said...

What fun!

Camilla Millar said...

Ahhh, you guys look GREAT!