Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blurb-ing my blog

Check this out! I turned my blog into a book! A hardback, fully bound book! I'm so excited! (As if you couldn't already tell by the overuse of exclamation points...) Any of you who follow my blog know that I am rather prolific. Blogging has more or less taken the place of scrapbooking and writing in a journal... so I am thrilled that I have a way to print out all my thoughts, ramblings and pictures that have ended up on my blog and keep them permanently. It wasn't even all that hard. I used a company called Blurb that my friend Jill told me about. (www.blurb.com) It took me a few days worth of random hours here and there to put it all together...you have all sorts of choices regarding formats, templates, fonts, picture sizes and colors. Then I uploaded it and they printed and sent it back all within a week and a half or so. I'm thrilled!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

That's awesome, i've been thinking of doing that too. Do you mind me asking how much it cost?

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

They have pricing pages on the website. They have 3 different types of covers. I got the most expensive one. Also, you can get regular or premium paper. I got premium. Plus it depends, obviously, on how many pages you do. I had 102 pages. I think I paid around $70.00 for the whole thing. That book was just for 2008...which was only 6 months since I started my blog in July. I'm in the process of doing 2009 which is more like 200 pages. We'll see how much that ups my price.

Katie said...

I think I need to do that as well. Especially since I lost a few months worth of pictures when my computer died. They are still on my blog but when I tried to pull them off my blog and print them, they didn't turn out too good. If I make a blog book then I wouldn't feel like I have to scrapbook them.

Mary said...

I've been wanting to do that too. Glad you were the guinea pig and figured it all out.

Croft Family said...

I have been wanting to do this I will have to come and see your and see how all the pages turned out.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh, me too. I have a link to a site somewhere . . oh, I just found it and what do you know - It's the same site. I'll have to come look at your book, I'm so excited.