Sunday, February 21, 2010

My little champion

See this boy? This is a boy who came away with a medal proclaiming him as the 1st place overall winner in his age division at his gymnastics meet yesterday. In his past few meets he has taken 5th place but yesterday he made some mistakes on his floor routine. They were announcing the places and went past 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd...without calling his name. He glanced up at me with a resigned look on his face. A look that said he knew those mistakes must have cost him and he wasn't getting anything this time. And then that resigned look turned to one of stunned joy when they announced his name as 1st place! He bounded up to his spot on the very top of the podium and happily accepted the medal around his neck. We whooped and hollered for him...it was all rather exciting!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Brandon, way to go! :)

Mindy said...

Great job Brandon, i'm so proud of you.

Croft Family said...

Oh I'm almost in tears. Could be from the lack of sleep but nope it's out of excitement for his success. GO BRANDON!!

P.S I updated my blog

Jill said...

That's awesome!

Greg & Dlora said...

Whoohoo! Way to go, Brandon! What a great achievement. I'm happy for you.
Grandma Dalton

Mary said...

That's pretty exciting. Don't you love it when you get great surprises like that? Yay for Brandon!

MamaBug said...

Yay!! That is so awesome!! Congrats!

Camilla Millar said...

Great job, Brandon! (now can you move him down to USA so we can see each other more often?--I'm so selfish, I know).