Friday, February 5, 2010

Favorite Photo Friday: Reading in the park

One of our favorite things to do as a family is go to the park. Bryan usually sets up a slack-line between two trees to walk on. Lilian thinks she's in heaven when we give her free reign of all the playground equipment. And then, almost always, we bring books to read. Because there's not many things more enjoyable than laying out on a blanket on a warm summers evening with a good book. (One step better, of course, would be sitting at the beach but we live in a land-locked state and so trips to the beach are few and far between.)
This picture was taken last June 2009. And on an overcast day like today where a qick glance out my window reveals leafless trees and ever-present patches of snow on my brownish grass...kind of makes you wish for summer.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I love your favorite photo fridays!

Mary said...

Yay for reading. And yay for going to the park. I'm all ready for summer too. Although at your house, it seems much closer to summer than here. We've still got feet of snow to melt before we will ever see the front yard!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh, my favorite Sunday afternoon pasttime! though I don't get to the park much. I should take Scott, the dogs and Maddy - he can play with all of them and I can read