Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chapter One: On board the Sapphire Princess


As you know, the week of October 3-10 Bryan and I spent aboard the Sapphire Princess with an itinerary down the Mexican Riviera. Ports of Call included Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. Our friends, Hannah and Gary joined us on board. It was like a week long double date! Truly, I think this may be the most relaxing cruise we've ever been on. Ship board activities? What activities? We spent most of our time on board reading. Laying on a deck chair near the pool with a drink and a book, the ocean just beyond....ahhhh. Rather perfect. Bryan, not a fan of the heat, found shadier spots on deck or in a lounge or in our room to read. But read we did. I think Bryan made it through 7 books on his Amazon Kindle. I made it into my third book. Hannah and Gary both had record reading as well.When we weren't reading.... Bryan hit the gym a few times. I went to two art auctions. (Anyone want to loan me $5,000 for the painting that I fell in love with?) We played cards in the evenings a few times. We ate. A lot. Dressing up for dinner was a highlight of the day for me.


Up next.... Chapter Two: Puerto Vallarta

6 comments:

Jan T. said...

Ooohh! That looks so fun! I love your hair...dark & long. You look beautiful!

Mindy said...

That does look like a good time!

Croft Family said...

Looks so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a wonderful time...love your whole outfit and the cute necklace and LOVE your hair.

Mary said...

Oh my. The ocean looks so blue. I would love to have a chance to just sit and read for hours at a time. Sounds heavenly. Great pictures.

MamaBug said...

Look at that BLUE water!!