Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

The sheer magnitude of what happened that day still has the ability to take my breath away...even 8 years later. It feels like this should be a special day. A day where we do nothing but reflect and remember. Flags are flying in my yard and throughout the neighborhood today in honor of the victims and heroes of 9/11....and yet, life goes on. A day, more or less, like any other. My neighbor had her baby this morning, Rebekah has a party to attend this afternoon, I had a PTA planning meeting earlier and ward temple night later. But I don't think anyone will ever forget where they were when the Twin Towers fell, the Pentagon was hit and the heroes of Flight 93 took action.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

The photo with the fire fighters is one of my favorites. Thanks for the post. I have a post ready but no clue how to add a video so not sure what im going to do. Maybe ill just add this photo as well.

Katie said...

Yes, I remember exactly what I was doing and where I was when I heard the news. Every year Jeremy and I rehash it. What an amazing, horrific thing.