Monday, September 7, 2009

Harry Potter

We are Harry Potter fans at our house. Even Lilian. An example? Just today she was running around the house with an unsharpened pencil as a wand yelling "expelliarmus!" I read all 7 books to the girls a couple of years ago...watching each movie as we finished the book. And then, last fall, I started them all up again with Brandon. We finished the 6th book last night so he and I headed to the movie theater today for a mother/son date. He got his first look at how movies made from books are never quite as good as the material they are based on. He spent much of the movie saying, "That wasn't in the book!" or, "Wait a minute....that's not what really happened!" Overall, though, it was a great little flick and I fully admit that tears poured down my face when Dumbledore died.

But why, you ask, did I not take the girls with me? They'd already seen it. Bryan took them shortly after it came out on a day that I had rehearsal and Brandon was with his cousins. This picture resulted from that trip to the theater.

Looks like tomorrow we'll be diving into the seventh and final book...the longest book of them all. I wonder how long it will take us to get through it?

4 comments:

DD said...

How did you get this picture? It's MARVELOUS. I love it! But you needed Brandon too.
Mommy

Mindy said...

That is a cool picture. How fun that Bryan took the girls.

Katie said...

What a great picture! How did Lilian do at the movie? We struggle taking our kids to a movie. They watch just fine at home but in the theater they get a little restless.

Camilla Millar said...

THat picture is great. I want one.