Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feeling old?

Want to know a sure way to feel old? Have your daughter tell you that her youth church dance has an 80's theme. And that she's all excited to crimp and rat her hair and wear leg warmers in fluorescent colors. All things that I used to do when I was her age. What ever happened to having a 50's theme with poodle skirts and saddle shoes?Those gloves that Rebekah is wearing? They're Julianne's. She bought them just this past weekend at the mall. At the same store where we also saw a bunch of leg warmers for sale. Maybe this dance had nothing to do with reliving an era of the past but more to do with ushering in the newest fads of the future. Maybe I don't feel so old after all.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I loved the 80's. We are so NOT getting old, the funky fashion is just comeing back right!?

Croft Family said...

I'm not so fond of the 80's that we went through. I think the clothes are cuter this time around. Remember the MC hammer pants?

MamaBug said...

Too bad I gave away my six inch stack of bangle bracelets. ;)

Melissa@thebblog said...

yes, the 80s are creeping back and it frightens me. Nobody should wear a clippy/elastic belt over their sweater or pegged pants. I haven't seen pegged pants yet - just really tight pants. Are pegged pants back? No, don't tell me!