Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An Adult

I was doing some dishes just now. Washing pots and pans left over from lunch, emptying the dishwasher and loading it again. All of the sudden it just seemed so grown-up. And like a wave crashing over me my thoughts raced...

I'm 36 years old. I've been married 16 years and I have 4 kids. I share my bedroom with a man! This is our house and we have everything to make it run. I'm an adult now. I'm my parents! The way I saw them when they were this age and I was just a kid. Doubtless, my kids now see me that way.

I've been that for quite awhile, of course...but every now and again it amazes me. It's a good and wonderful thing. I'm so happy about it. But heavens, how did it all happen so fast?

2 comments:

Croft Family said...

Those same thoughts come into my mind every now and then. But then I think I'm still so young how can I have 5 children, a house, and everything that I do? It happens Sarah we all grow up sometime.

Melissa@thebblog said...

I still feel like the kid who swapped bedrooms every other Sunday and slept in the backyard and read Babysitter's Club. It is amazing how our lives change but in our hearts and heads, we don't change so much!