Friday, January 16, 2009

Re-Takes

I took Lilian up to Kiddie Kandids today to try and get some better shots of her. Preferably something with some sort of smile. I figured that Kiddie Kandids might be better with little toddlers and was probably used to doing all sorts of silly and crazy things to get them to smile. Lilian was still not at all happy about the prospect of getting more pictures taken. About 10 minutes into it I was ready to quit and settle for the other non-smile shots we already had. But the photographer assured me that everything would be fine, to just let Lilian play for a bit and get comfortable with her. I think we played for a good 20 minutes...with toys and also various chairs and props that caught Lilian's attention....before getting even a single shot. And the shots she did get were just of Lilian playing...a random glance up with a smile that she was able to catch. I don't know how she did it. But I now have some sweet, SMILING pictures of my girl.

7 comments:

Croft Family said...

Super cute! Kiddie Kandids always does a good job.

Mindy said...

Those did turn out really cute.

Camilla Millar said...

Very cute.

Mary said...

Oh my goodness. The one where Lilian is standing by the ladder makes her look so old! Super cute. I'm glad that Kiddie Kandids was willing to work with you to get Lilian to smile. What a sweet girl.

Katie said...

They look great!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I love them.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Very nice. So worth it. I'm glad that you went for the retakes and I'm glad that they were helpful and let her take her time.