Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Discouraging Morning

I was doing sit-ups yesterday. Trying valiantly to start the new year off on the right foot. Lilian was downstairs with me. She'd been nibbling on a piece of chocolate. Sweet thing, she decided to share with Mommy...just like Mommy does with her. So she stood next to me and stuffed chocolate in my mouth every time my head came up. Sigh. A good personal trainer she is not.

I was in the bathroom straightening Rebekah's hair when Bryan walked in.....in MY jeans. I had left them on the floor in the bedroom the night before. I don't know if he originally thought they were his (because he leaves his jeans on the floor Every-Single-Night and I usually don't) or if he thought it would be funny. He did have a big smile on his face. But funny? No. My jeans, my SKINNY jeans were loose on him. In my defense I must state that Bryan, of course, has never been pregnant. 4 times. Widened hips and left-over jelly belly have no place on his body. Nor, if we're really being fair, does he have lack of will power when it comes to eating treats. Sigh. I always thought that size 6 was pretty darn respectable. But still. No woman really wants to see her husband looking skinnier in her jeans than she does, right?

6 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

I also have a husband with a tiny rear-end. I totally get being discourages about that!!

I think you are beautiful and look great!

Croft Family said...

Sarah, My husband looks better in my jeans than I do. Sad, I know I feel your pain. Plus I would do anything to be in a 6 when I'm not pregnant. You look GREAT!!!

Mindy said...

Men seem to always have it easier.

Shauna said...

I love the chocolate sit-ups, funny! Size 6 wow! That is my goal.

Katie said...

Are you kidding? I think I would love to have Lilian as my personal trainer. Then I might actually look forward to doing my sit-ups. As it is, I still eat chocolate but don't do the sit-ups.

Melissa@thebblog said...

If my husband ever fits into my jeans, I will shoot myself. At the very least, it means that he is really not well!