Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!


I like St. Patrick's Day a lot...and even decorate for the holiday, as you can see.  The reason, I'm sure, is that I tend to really identify with my Irish roots.

My ancestors had made Ireland their home for generations until my great, great, great grandfather, John J. Dalton, emigrated to New York.  The next few generations saw the Dalton line joining the gold rush and heading west, wintering in Utah and joining the Mormon church, settling in Willard and then eventually on to Idaho where my grandfather and then father were born.

So today (yesterday, though we all wore green....me even, in my Kiss Me, I'm Irish t-shirt...was a little bit hectic with Brandon's big state gymnastics meet) we celebrated the holiday AND our Irish heritage with a big corned beef and cabbage meal.  We decorated the table all sorts of fancy and listened to Irish music.  Julianne even performed an impromptu Irish jig.  No leprechauns played any tricks on us and the only gold we found was of the gymnastics variety...but we fully enjoyed our St. Patrick's Day.     

No comments: