Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 1: Self Portrait

I think I'm going to try this.  I'm not sure why it appeals to me.  Or what I really want to accomplish by doing it.  To learn more about my DSLR camera?  To look at things differently?  An automatic blogging idea per day for 30 days?  I don't know...maybe bits and pieces of all three.  It just struck me as a fun idea.  The 30 days worth of photography "assignments" aren't anything earth shattering and profound but that's probably for the best anyhow.
So we'll see how it goes....
(I reserve the right to quit mid-way if it's turning out very boring...for me as the photographer but equally important, for you who read about it!)       

DAY 1:  self portrait

I know people do it all the time.  Hold the camera out in front of them and snap a pic.  I had a hard time with it.  Maybe because my camera is bigger than your average point and shoot.  Plus....I hated, hated, hated most of the pictures that I got.  Oh my.  It worried me a little.  I'd feel like I had a normal expression on my face, snap the picture, and then be horrified when I'd look to see how it turned out.  If that is my normal expression...then does that mean I always look that awful?
Here are the two that turned out the best: 



A self portrait of me.
Sarah.
38 year old mother of 4 and wife of 1.
Daughter, sister, aunt, friend, neighbor.
Taxi driver, tutor, nurse, maid, landscaper, interior designer, chef, personal shopper, fashion consultant, hair dresser, counselor.
Musician, historian, book worm, runner, biker, food connoisseur, social butterfly, blogger, traveler.
But most importantly....Daughter of God. 

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

I see resemblances to cousin Gwen in the top on and young mommy in the bottom one - a lot like mom!!