Thursday, September 1, 2011

My lawn is crying...

I was a little dismayed when I saw this happening yesterday. I knew that trenching was soon to be in the works. Water, electricity, gas all have to be dragged to the back building. But I was envisioning something quite different from the devastation that really happened....



























Digging down to the water main (7.5 feet down!!!) and then trenching around to the backyard building.
Sob, whimper, grieve, sniff....
My poor lawn.


And then if that weren't enough....the other side of the yard got involved in the action as well. Something other than a water pipe. Electricity, maybe? Or gas? Sigh.

And for those of you who don't really care about seeing the progress on our backyard man cave, forgive me. These pictures are for my own family history. Well, and for my Dad who weekly begs for more details seeing as he loves to live vicariously through his daughters when they do home improvement projects.
Look! We have studded walls and stairs! Also glass windows and Tyvek wrapping! Oooh...and tar paper. Can shingles be far behind? Exciting stuff!  (Insert sarcasm here...)

4 comments:

Croft Family said...

That is sad about your lawn. But the mancave is coming along nicely! I bet Bryan is getting excited.

Heidi Green said...

How have I never noticed this structure being built in your yard?! I vaguely remember you telling me about it, but I guess I need to pay better attention. I love how you sunk it down. I can't wait to see the finished product! And yes, I am crying along with you and your yard. But, you're so great with your landscaping that you'll get it whipped back into shape and mowing a smooth yard in no time.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Ah, the building looks great - but your grass!!! I'm crying with you. That's so sad.

Emily Osborne said...

Mike would DIE for that man-cave. It is amazing!!