Monday, February 16, 2009

An Unappreciated Valentine

I "heart attacked" the kids bedroom doors for Valentines Day. I thought it would be cute and the kids would like it. I was in the hall near Brandon's room when he first caught sight of his door. He looked kind of stunned for a minute, then dismayed and then he groaned and started to kind of sink a bit. It caught me off guard. I thought he'd like it. "Mom!" he moaned, "my door is all....heart-y!" "But Brandon," I replied, "it's for Valentines Day...to show how much I love you." Brandon straightened up and reluctantly plodded over to me, wrapped his arms around me in a kind of defiant hug, said "thanks" in a monotone voice and then dropped to the ground with his head in his hands. It was such a dramatic show that I just had to laugh. "Don't worry, Brandon. You can take it down tomorrow." Maybe I should've made all his hearts blue.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

That's too funny. My kids loved theirs.

Shauna said...

What a cute idea. Is that a boy reaction or what?

Jan T. said...

He'll appreciate it when he's older and can look back & remember what a fun mom he had!:)

Anonymous said...

Oh thats funny! LOL!! :)

Mary said...

We had something like that happen here. I had spent extra money on what I thought was "cool" valentines for Josh to take to school and he hated them. I returned them and got the plain old ones that he wanted. Just goes to show how appreciated we are.

Camilla Millar said...

That's funny. Boys will be boys. I always wonder what makes them so embarrassed?