Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Morning Running

I've been trying to build up my running endurance. And I've been really discouraged because I get tired so fast. I'm used to speed walking. It's a bigger difference and harder than I thought it would be going from walking to running. But I started thinking that maybe running would be easier outside vs. downstairs on my treadmill. Running in place and staring at the wall makes me focus more intently on how long I've been running and how tired I'm getting. I was hoping that being outside, having more to look at, actually running someplace instead of in place would help. So I went to the elementary school where they have a track. I walked 1/2 mile and then ran 2. SO much easier than in my basement. I'm immensely relieved. I was getting rather nervous....wondering if I'd really be able to this triathlon. If I was seriously crazy for signing up in the first place. But now, the running part anyhow, I'm sure I'll be able to do. Still have a lot of work to do, but it will come. Swimming on the other hand.... yeah, still nervous about that.

4 comments:

Croft Family said...

I so wish I could do this triathalon with you. If you do it next year I'm so in!

Jill said...

Wow...see I worry about trying to run outside because it's harder than having the ground beneath you move on it's own. You have inspired me...still though...I'm being lazy on this Saturday.

Mindy said...

Ok you are making me dizzy. Everytime I pull up your blog it looks different.
But I love ya so it's ok.
See you in the morning

Kim said...

I'm with you girl! Hate running on the treadmill!! I get BORED so easy and quit!!! Outside is much better! TUNES make the biggest difference too! :0)