Thursday, February 19, 2009

Books "To Read"

I have a pile of books next to my bed. It is my "to read" pile. And there are 16 books in it. I just finished "Chocolat" by Joanne Harris for my book club tonight and so was looking this afternoon to see which book I wanted to start next. There are murder mysteries, history books, books I bought at the elementary school book fair, books that are on the list for my book club, light-weight ones and ones that will take more focus. But I love having something to look forward to. And I love knowing that if the book I'm in the middle of doesn't appeal to me at any given moment I can switch for something different. I'm often in the middle of two or three books at a time. I spent some time sitting on my floor prioritizing that pile into an order that I plan to read them. According to my mood today, that is. Maybe tomorrow it will change. But honestly, I felt like I was going through a treasure chest. And maybe all those books won't turn out to be jewels. Some may be wonderful. Some, just entertaining but ultimately forgetable. Some might be downright stinkers. But I'm excited to find out.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Mom would be so proud! I'm reading "The Other Side of Heaven" right now and am really enjoying it. That's it. No more books in the queue. When Mom was here she gave me tons and tons to read and that kept me busy for a while. I'm missing Mom's library.

Melissa@thebblog said...

I'm so jealous! I have been scrounging (sp?)for books lately. I don't have anything new on the shelf so I've been rereading Dick Francis books. I do enjoy them but I've read them enough that they are not 100% new and so not quite as exciting.

Maybe I'll take Mary's recommendation and read "the Other Side of Heaven" I think I have it but haven't read it.