Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The radio station in my head...

You know how people talk about getting a song stuck in their head? It plays on loop over and over? I realized today that there is never NOT a song running through my head. At any given moment, even in the middle of the night when I wake up to use the bathroom. Sometimes I'm like a CD with one song stuck on loop. Other times I'm like a radio skipping between songs and stations at will. Not my will, mind you...that of my subconscious. One song playing until I see, hear or think about something that reminds me of another song (and let's face it, I know a song for just about anything) then suddenly...old song gone, new song in it's place. Stuck on loop for the foreseeable future.

Yesterday....
"Glitter and be Gay" from "Candide." All day long.

Today...
"I See the Light" from "Tangled." This is Lilian's new favorite movie.
"Girl From 14-G" by Kristin Chenoweth. Because someone randomly mentioned it on FB this morning and I know the song well, seeing as I sang it for a recital a couple of years ago.
"The Tortoise and the Hare"...a madrigal I'm learning with the Sally Bytheway Chorale which is giving me memorization fits.
"They Call Her Moses" from the musical "Harriet" that I performed in a couple of months ago.
"For Good" from "Wicked"....probably because I am singing it at our stake women's conference in a few weeks.
"The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" from Veggie Tales. Cause that one is just ALWAYS there.

I don't know if I should call it the soundtrack of my life...or maybe the a radio station called
FM Sarah....
Seriously, ask me any time. I always have some random song hovering around in there.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Gee, is that annoying? I don't have that problem. Love the comic!

Shauna said...

I call it the soundtrack of my life. And it is ALWAYS on. And luckily for me, my children have inherited it but have yet to learn how to keep it inside their heads. So imagine, it you will, MY soundtrack being bombarded with the constant soundtracks of two of my children...Mozart's Requiem smashes into Itsy Bitsy Spider all mushed up with My Country 'Tis of Thee... yikes.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh Shauna, I can SO relate!!! :) My kids, all 4 of them, are constantly singing!! So a lot of times, the stuff that is stuck in my head comes from them. Right now? The theme song from Sponge Bob. hahaha. :)

Melissa@thebblog said...

I think of it as the mucical score. I gave a talk about music last week and was thinking about the scripture "the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me" so I figure by always having a song (assuming it isn't a bad one) maybe I'm also keeping the commandment to "pray unceasinglyl" or "pray always". :)