Thursday, March 24, 2011

Max, Titi and Pepper

Browsing KSL Classifieds in St. George this past weekend, Bryan came across this:

He bought it and then sprayed it down, scrubbed it and cleaned it before hauling it home in the back of our truck.


I think it's almost as tall as me.



You've met Max, right? We introduced him to his new mansion of a home Monday night. But then we decided maybe he could use a friend...someone who could share that space with him....






Tuesday morning Lilian and I went to Petco in search of a friend for Max. Lilian chose this gorgeous little parakeet and decided to name her Titi (Tee tee). Doesn't she have the most beautiful coloring?






But the cage still had room for more. And my mind kept wandering back to that other parakeet I had seen...the one I would've chosen had I not given the decision to Lilian. So yesterday I brought home this beauty. We named her Pepper.




All three are settling in very nicely together. I've spent an inordinate amount of time arranging their cage with toys, perches and food/water bowls. I've been to Petco three times in as many days. Then add in all the time I stand in front of the cage chittering and talking to them...the rest of the house had kind of gone to seed. :)

7 comments:

Croft Family said...

They are beautiful and that is one mansion of a home for them.

Mary said...

I'm glad that Max has some friends. Does it get loud with 3?

Mindy said...

They are all so pretty.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

So far it hasn't been overly loud. But they might still be all adjusting to each other. All the same, I really enjoy the chirping. I think it's such a cheerful sound. I LOVE my sweet birds!!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh, they are sweet and I do so love the color of Titi! Such a pretty teal color. I kind of miss my birds as I read about yours . . .

Heidi Green said...

Oh, I'm envious! I had a parakeet for about 4 years when Bradley was a baby (she started out as a class pet for my 3rd graders). I loved listening to her chirping too, it IS a cheerful sound! I love the colors of your birds - perfect variety!

Jill said...

They are pretty! Birds scare me though...I know...weird. Also, on your tulip post...I heard that the planter boxes at Temple Square are heated....if that's true, then that is some smart gardening!